The 19th Congress of International Federation of the Associations of Anatomists
The Anatomical Society is thrilled to be hosting the 19th IFAA Congress, taking place 9-11 August 2019.
PLENARY SESSIONS ANNOUNCED!
We are excited to announce an excellent line up of internationally renowned plenary speakers. More information on the speakers and their lectures has been published on the website. Please click here to view.
Keep your eye on the website for further programme announcements.
WHY ATTEND IFAA 2019:
1. VISIT LONDON – Taking place every 5 years, the IFAA Congress has not been in London since 1985. Make sure to take advantage and visit one of the most iconic cities in the world! With flights from over 300 destinations arriving daily and over 230 languages spoken, London is a vibrant and diverse city with a lot to offer! As Samuel Johnson said: ‘When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life’. If you can stay longer than the Congress, London is an excellent base from which to explore other parts of the United Kingdom and Ireland.
2. EXTENSIVE SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME – The congress offers a stimulating and varied programme including prominent plenary speakers and a range of symposia that span the breadth of activities in the anatomical sciences. These will include symposia on human and animal morphology, clinical and developmental anatomy, neuroscience, tissue engineering education and art in anatomy to name but a few. The conference centre can accommodate a number of parallel sessions so participants will be able to tailor their programme and attend the sessions that interests them most.
3. PRESENT YOUR WORK – Have the chance to present your research as a short talk or poster and be published in the renowned Journal of Anatomy, as well as listening to the latest research from around the world. Make sure to submit your abstract before the submission deadline on the 22 April 2019.
4. NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES – This international congress will gather anatomists from around the world to debate and generate vibrant discussion on anatomical research, teaching and many other matters of importance to our discipline. Make sure to be a part of the conversation. We particularly encourage early-career anatomists to participate in IFAA2019 to present their work, meet their international peers whilst being in one of the most iconic cities in the world.
5. EXHIBITION – Visit the exhibition for the chance to interact with companies demonstrating the latest developments in the industry.
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
For more information and to register for IFAA 2019, please click here.
Take advantage of the Early Bird rates, available until 22nd April 2019 at 23:59 (GMT).
If you have any questions or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the IFAA Congress Team.
The IFAA Congress Team
Phone: +44 207 808 5652